Friday, October 12, 2012

Shabby Chic, Vintage Decor

Off the topic of branding and web design for a brief, fleeting second, and while I have a half of minute to myself, since my homesickness is starting to fade (I moved two months ago) I wanted to post a quick photo of my lovely Shabby Chic / Vintage dining room... which, this photo doesn't do it justice and it also makes the room look unusually small (but when I'm not in such a rush, I want to take my time, take some really nice photos and show some of the decor in my new house... I decorated in a bunch of themes in every room - Paris Chic, Vintage Heirloom and Elegant Retro...) Anyway, here's a quick one of my dining room...isn't it pretty? I have gorgeous silky scarves over verticals on the windows (the scarves coordinate with the damask tablecloth), and I put a really fabulous hutch/china cabinet on the other wall... so cozy! The buffet table with the wreath is actually for a buffet... but, well, I don't mind a bit of elegant clutter when I'm not entertaining... Updated: scroll down to view my dreamy pink Shabby Chic Dressing Room & Vanity (you can't tell from the photos, but this room is connected to my bedroom -- it's really large and it leads to a three-section (gigantic) walk-in closet, and a coordinating full bathroom with another vanity, sink and shower. It's so charming!) Everything showing in the photos I made myself - shabbily painted frames, silk, satin and fabric roses, wreaths, tutu,  etc. Oh, I should give my sister some credit here - she painted the walls pink for me while I worked diligently on the decor!

One more update... I just finished making this stunning French Country wreath for my front door, which I'll be hanging after the holidays... I'm considering opening an Etsy shop, I'm having so much fun designing and making these wreaths... check it out below!

Shabby Chic Home Decorating
Shabby Chic Decor
Shabby Chic Dressing Room
Handmade French Country Wreath